10 Apr How Quality Of Life is Affected By Tinnitus | Life with Tinnitus
Read this blog to know How Quality Of Life is Affected by Tinnitus . Also know about Tinnitus Symptoms, Causes and Complications ……………
- 1 What is Tinnitus?
- 2 Symptoms of Tinnitus
- 3 Causes of Tinnitus
- 4 Complications for People Having Lifetime Tinnitus
- 5 Treatment for Tinnitus
- 6 Dr. A P Shah | Best ENT Surgeon in Patna, Bihar
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus Condition is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. This condition affects about 15 to 20 percent of people. Tinnitus isn’t a condition itself — it’s a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder.
Tinnitus usually isn’t a sign of something serious. Although, it can worsen with age, for many people, but can improve with treatment. Treating an identified underlying cause sometimes helps. Other treatments reduce or mask the noise, making tinnitus less noticeable.
Can Tinnitus Cause Concentration Problems
Most of the time, tinnitus isn’t a sign of a serious health problem, although if it’s loud or doesn’t go away, it can cause fatigue, depression, anxiety, and problems with memory and concentration. People having Tinnitus Can’t Concentrate on things properly which sometimes lead to some leads to problems for people’s Life with Tinnitus.
Symptoms of Tinnitus
Tinnitus condition involves the sensation of hearing sound when no external sound is present. The symptoms of tinnitus may include these types of phantom noises in the ears:
The phantom noise may vary in pitch from a low roar to a high, and one may hear it in one or both ears. Moreover, in some cases the sound can be so loud that it can interfere with the ability to concentrate or hear external sound. Tinnitus may be present all the time, or it may come and go.
Causes of Tinnitus
A variety of conditions and illness can lead to tinnitus, including:
- Blockage of the ear due to buildup of wax, an ear infection, or rarely, a benign tumor of the nerve that allows us to hear.
- The natural aging process, which can cause deterioration of the cochlea or other parts of the ear.
- Meniere’s disease, which affects the inner part of the ear.
- Otosclerosis, a disease that results in stiffing of the small bones in the middle ear
- Other medical conditions such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, circulatory problems, anemia, allergies, and autoimmune disease.
- Neck or jaw problems, such as Temporomandibular Joint syndrome (TMJ)
- Injuries to the head and neck
Moreover, tinnitus can worsen in some people if they smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol and caffeinated beverages, or eat certain foods. In addition to that, for some reasons not yet entirely clear to researchers, stress and fatigue seem to worsen tinnitus.
How Quality Of Life is Affected by Tinnitus
The impact of tinnitus on quality of life is assessed through physical and mental health tests. It was found that it affects physical aspects more in comparison to the psychological ones. Tinnitus clearly affects people more in terms of a physical pain and stress level than on a mental and emotional level. This is how the quality of life is affected by tinnitus.
Complications for People Having Lifetime Tinnitus
People may have Long-Term Effects of Tinnitus on their life as it affect the quality of life and it affects the people differently.
People having Life with Tinnitus may experience certain complications such as:
- Sleep problem
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory problem
- Anxiety and depression
However, treating these linked conditions may not only affects tinnitus directly, but can also make one feel better both through mind and Body Systems Affected by Tinnitus
Treatment for Tinnitus
To treat tinnitus, the doctor or an ENT Specialist will first try to identify any underlying, treatable condition that may be associated with the symptoms. If tinnitus is due to a health condition, the doctor may be able to take steps that could reduce the noise. Examples include:
- Earwax removal.Removing impacted earwax can decrease tinnitus symptoms.
- Treating a blood vessel condition.Underlying vascular conditions may require medication, surgery or another treatment to address the problem.
- Changing your medication.If a medication you’re taking appears to be the cause of tinnitus, your doctor may recommend stopping or reducing the drug, or switching to a different medication.
So, if you are considering for tinnitus treatment and looking for an ENT Specialist in Patna, then contact Dr. A P Shah.
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Often, this disorder can not be treated, that’s why, some people get used to it. However, for many people, certain lifestyle changes and home remedies make symptoms less bothersome.
- Avoid possible irritants: By Reducing exposure to things that may make tinnitus worse. Common examples include loud noises, caffeine and nicotine.
- Cover up the noise. In a quiet setting, a fan, soft music or low-volume radio static may help mask the noise from tinnitus.
- Manage stress. Stress can make tinnitus worse. Stress management, whether through relaxation therapy, biofeedback or exercise, may provide some relief.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption. Alcohol increases the force of your blood by dilating your blood vessels, causing greater blood flow, especially in the inner ear area.
In addition to that, one can also go for some medication options if their condition is not improving by the above mentioned treatment.
Dr. A P Shah | Best ENT Surgeon in Patna, Bihar
Dr. A P Shah, Best ENT Surgeon Patna has an experience of 35 years in this field and is well versed in all kind of surgeries related to Tinnitus disorders. He practices at Maurya ENT Research Center, which is one of the best ENT Hospital and Research Centre Patna.
He also specializes in facilitating sophisticated diagnostic and surgical expertise for simple or complex diseases that affect the ear, nose or throat in patients. His multi-disciplinary team comprises of highly trained and experienced ENT experts. They make use of revolutionary medical & highly advanced technology and equipment to access, diagnose, and to treat patients.
Being the Best ENT Doctor in Patna, he performs ENT surgeries with highly advanced techniques using laser, microdebrider, and coblation. His second ‘Advanced ENT and Head Neck Hospital’ at Begusarai has more facilities as compared to Maurya ENT Center.
Therefore, if suffering from Tinnitus disorders and looking for ENT Doctor in Patna Kankarbagh, then you must consult him once.
Here ends the blog for ‘How Quality Of Life is Affected by Tinnitus’. We hope you enjoyed reading this blog.
Till then, Stay Tuned as we will be back with more such beneficial blogs…………………